12.20.2008

Pretending for Tips $$$

I work in the service industry, which means that when I'm at work I've got to be in a good mood. No, let me rephrase that. It means I have to appear to be in a good mood. Well lately, as I'm sure anyone reading my blog knows, I've been having a pretty hard time the last couple weeks. All I can say is, thank goodness I'm an actor. Man, I haven't acted in so long now. It's been what seems like forever. That was the first thing that got me into theatre you know. I mean now I enjoy the writing and musical aspects of theatre, not to mention directing. When I think back to my acting it reminds me of remembering something from childhood. But I reallyenjoy acting. I mean, I *really* enjoy it. It was my first love. Like, school we alright for me for the longest time, but I never found anything I excelled at. That is until I got into Mr. Ian Graham's theatre class in highschool. That's when I fell in love for the first time. And it's the love that's persevered through so much, too. I miss it. It's just so hard to balance acting into your life, you know? I'm sure some of you do. It's just such a dedication. You have to be ready to throw all your time into it. And I'm broke. I need that time for working. For making money. I applaud those of you who've managed to do the precarious balancing act. I know Alleah was for a while, and I don't know what she's up to in that regard anymore, and props to her for managing it, if even only for a while. Biff, his bro James and James Smart are trying to catch a cab to my place as I type this. Hopefully they succeed, cause it's been too long.

No comments: