4.12.2009

.htaeD baC roF eituC

Life is pretty sweet. Pretty fucking sweet.

Sometimes it amazes me just how down we can get. About ourselves, our situations, our lives. You, me and Jane/Joe Everyperson. It's pretty selfish. Being so wrought and focused on our own downfalls. It's just not a very panoramic view. Life is what it is. We all love to label the forces of our every day. Good or bad. Good or bad exists in our heads. A lot of the time I feel really positive about myself. Sometimes I feel as though I'm an absolute villain. We're all bumping into one another. A mild brush for some, a grind against others. 'Good' and 'Bad' all over the place.

The only safe bet, I imagine, to not get caught up in it all, is simply to try to be a positive force in someone else's day. Anytime I try to do good for myself it usually blows up in my face. Either it doesn't have the impact I expected, or maybe the results are inadequate. Time is usually a prominent force in that dissolution of intent. But when I smile at a co-worker and offer the simplest of compliments, there is no backfire. Random acts of kindness. Except... why does have to be random>/? I like good people, who deserve good things. My kindness will be directed towards them. My friends, my co-workers, my relatives. Think small, impact big.

On another note, North America needs to learn how important touch is. Physical touch. Connection. I find I'm a fairly physical person. I enjoy touch. Not just being touched, but touching as well. It's a connection that is so far repressed in our society that it has actually become inappropriate. I think that should change. I'm not saying everyone should have the right to touch anyone, but that, should people loosen up, we'll be comfortable and inviting. Friendly. If you don't believe me, go to Europe. The people's of an entire continent can't be wrong. ['But Jordan, North America is a continent too'] Yeah, a continent settled by religious outcast prudes.

Life doesn't have to be good to be sweet. Life is. Sweet.

3 comments:

Biff.B said...

you are a beautiful man jordan and i loved this post....

jordanibanez said...

You are a complimentary man, and I appreciate it. It's an endearing quality my friend. Thanks.

déjà~raine said...

you make good points, gregoire. babies who don't get touched don't develop properly.