10.29.2006

Buried Treasure.

THIS ISN'T A SUICIDE NOTE, YO! Just a little pre-emptive before reading.

I was digging around in my hardrive looking at old things I wrote, trying to tidy up, when whammy, this little bastard jumped out at me. Check it out:

“There are no more safe places in this world. That is why I’ve decided to carry on, to a new place. Whether it be better or worse than the position I’m currently unfulfilled with, I don’t know. All that is certain is that it will be different; it will be a change. To all those concerned with my death, do not fear, or mourn. Believe me, regrets are a waste of energy. Find someone you hold dear and do just that; hold them. I am not long for this place. Deep down you’ve all known that upon knowing me. Fare well in this realm, carve your place out. If you believe in a God, have faith, do not give up. If you do not believe in God, believe in yourself. The power of one is, and always will be, far more powerful than you may ever have given credit to. Alas, my time has come to a close. Enjoy your world, if nothing else, enjoy your world.”

Whammy and a half. I wrote this years ago when I was feeling curious. Understand completely that I am not and never EVER was suicidal. But, I was both a curious kid, and a morbid kid (and I still am, I just don’t show it much) and was just really interested in the dynamic of the suicide letter. This is more of a note, I guess, but never the less this is what I wrote way back then. I actually think it’s really catchy, which may or may not sound weird. Just wanted to share this rare sort of “crazy randomness” with you guys.

2 comments:

Akiyhrah said...

Jeez dude, you scared me for a sec!!

Anonymous said...

That is beautifully written. And as for the motivation for writing a suicide letter or note when you are not in fact suicidal, it is simply an exercise. "If I was...what would I say?" If that is what you would have said, then you would have left with some beautiful words. It's fascinating.